View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 3:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisethehammer View Post
I'm with realcity, although nobody knows what this hotel will look like yet...it might be a beauty.
I hate this attitude in Hamilton that we should be happy we get anything...like Goldfingers comment above. Hamilton DOES deserve better. Why should we always get the trashy, crappy level of design and investment?? Why don't WE start showing pride in our city instead of making comments about driving over the Skyway. Maybe then, people who build things will do the extra tiny things that go a long way in developing properties instead of always doing the bare, crappy minimum.
The reason they do is because we allow them to. In fact, that's all we expect because that's all we think we're worth. The Skyway view isn't our enemy. We are.
Well I also hate the attitude of people who feel that they should have the final word on what is acceptable design/development and what is not. What you might find to be "trashy,crappy", others might like. Who are you to decide whats right or wrong? You guys are already complaining about a building you haven't even seen yet.

If all you can do is sit back and bitch/be critical while others take the initiative and the risks, your opinion isn't worth squat. It's that same attitude that keeps projects like Lister and others in this city from moving forward. Eventually, the entrepreneurs realize that this place just isn't worth the hassle.