View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 6:16 AM
On Guard For Thee

The negativity here is simply astonishing. I cannot bend my linear mind around the idea that there is such a venomous attitude toward development in Hamilton--it really is unbelievable. While you may prefer that a nice 400 or 500 room hotel get built--the realities of the hospitality industry in this decade are far different. If what you really want is another marquee hotel in the city--I suggest you welcome the current influx of hotel developments--as they will make the city more attractive as a convention destination--a booming convention centre is all that is going to spur development of a major downtown hotel--the kinds of properties that are proposed--midscale, business-oriented properties are what are being developed by the industry today. Anyone who has travelled on business in the past decade knows it (I don't care if you're visiting Canmet or not)--this is where the growth is.

Indeed, the view from the Skyway is not the enemy--negativity is the enemy. And what's so bad about Hooters?