View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 2:56 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminecanary View Post
What's wrong with dreaming big? How come whenever anyone in Hamilton has grand visions, especially if they appear out of reach, it's always spun as negativity/anti-development. Why is "be thankful we are getting anything at all" considered pro-development while "I wish we could get the best" considered anti-development?
That's what I was trying to say, but this comment makes the point better. I'm glad to hear other people want better for Hamilton too.

Personally i have nothing against the view from the Skyway or even the drive over the elevated Burlington Street. It's a one-of-a-kind-view in all of Canada. This is an industrialized world, the truth is factories have to exist, we all want steal in our lives, it's needed to build buildings and filing cabinets. That view is also what it is. Wealth, employment, industry, taxes contributing to a functioning world.

This industry put food on my table and provided a roof over my head as a child growing up.... and still does for many families in Hamilton. I can't hate it for that.

I actually find the view facinating every time I drive over the bridge I can't concentrate on the road, I want to look at it.