View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
My image of Chilliwack is of tons of farms that reek of manure and Christians. Seems little ol' Chilli has some skeletons in its closet.
Yeah, I have also been to Chilliwack several times and I had no idea such nightmarish area exists. It looks like such a picturesque place to live.

Comment from a neighbor explains the situation a bit more.

Quote:
I live 1 block up the road on Reece ave. Ive witnessed a punk group of 14 year olds mace/bear spray a cab driver at exactly this intersection. I chased them off with a large stick...all i could find. This is a bad area. Dimly lit. And close to the 24h 7-11 as well as the laundromat and homeless shelter is like 2 or 3 blocks away. This is not a great area. If the camera was 1 block up the road on Williams + Bole. That house on the corner has been trafficking drugs for a long time, by different crews. There has been several raids and a stabbing at that house....the scary thing about all of this....is that the high school is about 200ft to the right of this house in the video. And the middle school is directly across the street from the highschool. And that parking lot you see, is our old community pool. Of course barely anyone goes to the Rotary Pool anymore....I wonder why.

I actually moved here from surrey. And I would say the crime here is worse. As a white guy in chilliwack...we are targeted more. Where in surrey the Asians target each other...at least that was my experience of growing up in Surrey until I was 16.