View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2010, 5:09 AM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
Yea, plants need sunlight to grow (it's called photosynthesis people, hello!), and so do the children... Won't somebody please THINK OF THE PLANTS AND THE CHILDREN!!!!!

Everyone knows we don't need buildings over 4 stories, and anything newer then the 70's. New buildings are just not feasible, or economical these days... You need 100 year old rotting buildings to be competitive in today's market. That's what brings businesses here, not fair development rules, business incentives etc. Lord knows that won't help.
these poor children, faced with the menace, no, spectre of evil developers... plotting to ruin our perfect litte town, cough, i mean city with their tall buildings.

and business... isn't there enough of it going on? why do we need our economy to grow? its evil too... and i don't completely understand it, but i'll be against it. we don't need any new jobs, toronto is the place for that. in fact, the whole generation y should be forced to move there because we don't want our population to grow because then where will we park? even though we are supposedly against cars... so get rid of them too. might as well just turn downtown into green space, because we don't have enough of that. lets get rid of electricity and running water while we are at it!

(the sarcasm game is fun... but alot of our comments aren't far from the reality of what we hear from the NIMBYS and obstructionists)

I remember one guy saying "we are the old generation so we will stop all development" in reference to the original 16 story 6955 bayers proposal.

NEWSFLASH THERE BUDDY, i'm part of that generation y getting screwed out of halifax... and when we all come back (with money), we plan to build towers... Boo yah!