View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2007, 1:19 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I'll bet they said these same sorts of things 10 years ago when they started the MLS in places like Denver, Dallas, Columbus, Washington D.C., and NYC. Yet here we are in 2007 and still nobody cares about soccer in the U.S. and these cities are having a hard time selling tickets and getting people to care about the sport.

I'm glad for the development in Utah and hope it's successful, but I'm highly skeptical. I just don't see much of a market for soccer.

That's not really all true. Sure MSL isn't big as of yet. But Soccer is the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Alot of people don't know about the sport or hear about it is because of all the other major sports out there such as NBA, NFL, ect. And I'm not saying those other sports are bad. But if there is a MSL game vs a NBA game on the same night showing at the same time in the same city then most people would go see the NBA game. That's just a exsample.

But if MSL isn't growing and no one cares about it then why did they expand to Salt Lake City and other cities? If there was a dieing sport out there I would have to say it would be the WNBA. Salt Lake had a WNBA team a few years back. But we ended up selling the team. WNBA will die out long before MSL will.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976