View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 8:23 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
That place is where the bitter, angry, and negative geriatrics hang out. At least the Nashville forum is. If you are young there are a thousand better ways to spend your time than reading the negative rantings from 50 and 60 something year old geezers looking for attention.
Wow, not sure what is spawning the bitter, woefully inaccurate blanket statements, but you couldn't be further from the truth. UP is an extremely active community filled with vibrant discussion about the Nashville urban environment as a whole, featuring hundreds of different posts every day about various projects and neighborhoods. The forum itself is home to a wide range of diverse people with diverse opinions, so no, you aren't always going to agree with everyone, but where's the fun in that anyway? I'm 34 myself, and there are many who are my age or younger, though I'm not sure what's wrong with being fifty or over either. Another thing I like about it is that there are so many people there with insider knowledge and/or expertise in various fields who give fascinating insight.

But yes, if you're looking for a place where there is nothing but high fives and pretty pictures where there are never any disagreements about anything, UP probably isn't the place for you.

-Bob Marley