View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 9:35 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Becoming like Manhattan doesn't have to mean just high rise buildings. The cost of Manhattan is where Brooklyn is at now, and it will continue to rise and continue to price out native New Yorkers. I am not saying this is an issue, just the reality.
And how does one stop prices going up? You increase supply. That or decrease demand. So either go big and tall or go Detroit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
For me, it is just a little disappointing to see the Brooklyn skyline turn into a skyline of apartment buildings.
I don't see why that would be disappointing. As long as the amount of office space in DTBK doesn't decrease.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall