Thread: Dubailand
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2007, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus22minus1 View Post
Hi, long time lurker here!

I'm very familiar and a huge fan of most of the projects going on in Dubai, and I wish it nothing but great success in the future...

HOWEVER, as impressively HUGE as Dubailand is, that's about the only thing that impresses me about it. I was pretty appalled when I first saw these plans, and I forgot how insane this stuff was until I checked back today. I mean, I gotta agree with goldrusher, that these models are pure crap and very, very amateurish. The rollercoaster models themselves look like they were designed by a child, and as an expert in that kind of industry I can tell you that those 'ideas' for coasters aren't physically impossible in the areas shown and the amusement engineer would have to redesign a completely different layout. I don't even see one rollercoaster that looks decent in this themepark. Even the picture of that coaster loop in their advertising is of a coaster model outdated by 10-20 years! It appears they've done not near enough(maybe zero) consulting with experts in the industry and decided to just come up with random outrageous crap to see how expensive and huge they could make it.

What's worse is that so much of it is not even unique!

This project is shameful as is... Dubai deserves much better.

I hope to see much improvement as more starts popping up, because with the kind of money being spent here they could easilly blow away the type of attractions in western parks.

When they will start marketing this project in your country, they'll surely include the disclamer: "Models and designs are for ilustration pourposes only. They in no case rapresent the final design and layout of the end product"

But since the Sales Centre is located in Dubai and the target clientele is ME. Asian and European, they don't have to bombard people with stupid disclaimers