View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Not sure if you're joking about needing a reservation or not...

I walk by the place all the time and it always smells soooo amazing.. We went once, and the food was definitely good, but pricey.

But we went at 5:30 during the week, and were the only people in there the whole time we ate.. When we walked in, the owner was sitting at a table with his feet on the table and seemed surprised at someone coming in.. At supper time.. Haha.

But man, the smell that comes out of that place is absolute heaven.

Our go to Indian place is Spices of punjab.. So good and so cheap for a buffet.
I think I've tried all the East Indian places in town at this point and they're all great in their own rights. Caraway Grill has fantastic, authentic food with powerful spices and flavours. It has my mouth watering just thinking about it. I always go to Flavours of India when having company over or just needing a good meal because it's more mainstream and easier on the stomach while still being super tasty. Spices of Punjab was really good although with CG and FoI around I don't know why I'd choose this place over those two. Da India Curry House was a distant fourth, I wasn't a fan of the food that I ordered, maybe I need to try something else that they make but I don't think I'll go back.