View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2019, 5:21 PM

Great photos, and thank you for sharing them here! Please share more Cincy photos on this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
One killed Wednesday night in shooting in Cincinnati's Over-the-Rhine, police say

Ladon Williams was shot and killed in Over-the-Rhine on Wednesday night, police said

A 36-year-old man was shot and killed Wednesday night in Over-the-Rhine.

Police were called to the 100 block of E. McMicken Avenue at 8:41 p.m. and found Ladon Williams, 36, dead.
Not surprising. McMicken has been a very rough street for quite a while. When I was in high school, it was pretty infamous for being a prostitution pick up spot, day or night. The revitalization of OTR has been pretty incredible to watch, and I think a lot of people either forget or don't know that the neighborhood was a pretty lawless, dangerous place for many years. Even driving through OTR was a no-go when I was growing up, and for good reason. After the riots in 2001, OTR became very violent, and crowds of people would often just hangout in the streets, blocking traffic, creating insane amounts of litter, open air drug dealing, prostitution, etc. As the lower portion of OTR (south of Liberty St) has all but cleaned up, a lot of this activity has been pushed to the north to places like McMicken and beyond. Now, this area is finally starting to see a decent wave of investment itself, as OTR continues to gentrify and get more expensive. I'd say this area will be much improved in about 5 years, but as of now it's still definitely on the periphery.