View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 8:17 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mille Sabords View Post
What a great idea, Acajack. Hopefully I'll be able to go take some pictures. There is a really scuzzy strip mall between St. Laurent and Russell Road, just south of Innes, where there is only one last corner store still operating for the projects to the immediate south (and it smells like a third world corner store, all due respect - I've been to a few so-called "third world" countries). This very same strip mall has the distinction of having the rotting carcass of The Den, a strip joint now known as the NuDen and located just up the street in a much bigger and nicer building....
This is the place that you reach from St-Laurent via a short access road between the St-Hubert and the Petro-Canada station? If this is the case, when I was a teenager in the 80s there was a huge alcohol-free discotheque there called Astralight for underaged teens from 14 to 18 years old. Astralight in its prime would put any current 19+ (or 18+ in Quebec) nightclub in the capital area to shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mille Sabords View Post
I remember the Cajun Attic, I drank there several times inj my 20's. Sad story. The place was well run but one day the owner decided to retire, sold it to one of his staff and the guy didn't know what he was doing and ran it into the ground.
I used to go there as well when I lived in Sandy Hill for a brief period. The Cajun food was actually pretty good. The Big Mamou... mmmmmmmmm.