View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLAdenizen View Post
The resurgence will continue regardless of the homeless issue (look at SF, they're actually booming). The more high-end residential & hotels we get the better things will be. Residents with decent income generally will not tolerate homeless at their buildings.

The "10 feet of a building entrance, business or driveway" isn't enforced at all. I highly doubt they'll tell us once those 1250 units are finished being built (EDIT: just asked a friend in the city who says they're well over 1250 units, but won't do anything because they're afraid of lawsuits) Even if they do, what then? The city is too far-left leaning, too timid, too politically correct, to push these people away for the benefit of safety and businesses in the core.

[B]In my opinion LA City won't do anything about it, the only thing we can hope for is more is more normal people on the streets to bring the ratio to a livable number.
I highly doubt they'll tell us once those 1250 units are finished being built (EDIT: just asked a friend in the city who says they're well over 1250 units, but won't do anything because they're afraid of lawsuits) Even if they do, what then? The city is too far-left leaning, too timid, too politically correct, to push these people away for the benefit of safety and businesses in the core.

Hunter, its interesting that you say this. Look at the most recent supportive housing (now that's an interesting euphemism) built on Main street where the city has socially engineered housing right next to renovated market rate (e.g. gentrified) housing. I'm sorry to have to say this but with this misguided concept you have an environment where people live because they worked hard to save and buy and yet you have people who are allowed to live in this same environment because they are drunks, druggies and/or mentally ill. I know this sounds harsh, but I work in the alcohol and drug counseling field. The misguided leaders of this city think that by integrating this population into the mainstream they will somehow magically change their behavior. What their doing is patronizing a population, treating them like children and giving them special rights and privileges which they have not earned. Essentially what the city (with the help of the equally misguided ACLU) is doing has been tried over and over again and it doesn't work.

Last edited by Wilcal; Jul 22, 2014 at 3:15 AM.