View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 11:43 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
I would also think that there would be the possibility of building seats in the north end, as I'm seeing the diagram of the Brandt Centre -currently purchasing Pats Tickets-, it would appear that there's ample opportunity to add second level seating in the north end.
The problem is not having not enough capacity for Pats games... the problem is that it's not large enough for concerts, and filling in an end with seats won't help that because a stage is generally set up at an end (they probably set it up at the end with the lower capacity now, no?). But in any case, the amount of seating that you could add wouldn't be enough to convince major concert tours to stop.

I'm also pretty interested in how much Quebec is kicking in for Quebec City's arena. Considering Quebec is still running deficits and their debt is at record levels (as news articles I've read over the last few days have said). It's also an interesting development because it's Quebec that had the worst experience with sporting structure over-runs. I also read that it isn't a replacement of Colisée Pepsi (which has a higher capacity than the MTS Centre)... they plan on maintaining that arena too, at least in the foreseeable future.