View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 2:38 AM
Expert

Back from the meeting. They showed a rendering of Tower 3-the one we've seen before, 790'. No renderings yet for Tower 4; I asked about when that tower would be designed, and was given a figure of 18 months.

Very little new information, and many, many vapid comments about how Fulton (sp?) has to do something about the parking situation, the traffic situation, project safety, overcrowding in general, the flow of winds around the neighborhood in general (not his buildings in particular), and a host of other things that he has nothing to do with.

Fulton kept explaining over and over that thinner, taller towers are less crowded and let in more light. Bob O'Neill actually did a very nice job of explaining that residential towers have very little to do with traffic--it is the retail and attractions in the vicinity of residential towers that are the sources of traffic.

After an hour and a half of listening to inane NWAs (NIMBYs with attitude), I was either going to vomit or walk out, so I walked out.

Nice-ish building; horrible meeting.