View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech House View Post
I like your attitude. I used to own a cute little house off of Manor Rd. near the Vortex Theater, and if something like this were to have been planned for that neighborhood I may not have danced for joy, but I certainly wouldn't have actively opposed it. It's unfortunate that a majority of humanity places such an irrationally high value on the avoidance of disruption.

Regarding the "through lanes" you mentioned, what does this refer to more specifically? A new road between 11th and 12th, or...?
Wherever they can TxDOT wants to put in additional capacity via express lanes:

"Evaluating alternatives for additional capacity by using express lanes (auto and transit) to provide reliable travel times for all users and create a dependable and consistent route for transit and emergency responders."

I'm thinking they might need to push the frontage road a little farther east to accomodate these new toll main lanes.

I'm still not clear on the height restrictions of this non-CBD tract. Anyone know? If this were proposed on E. Cesar Chavez it probably wouldn't make it to first base knowing the neighborhood associations in the post-Jumpolina era.