View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Crenshaw Line is one of the most complete wastes of money around. It was put in strictly for political purposes and wanders aimlessly through low-rise residential, industrial areas with multi-acre parking lots, and misses LAX to boot. Its northern terminal is at the least dense part of Wilshire, miles from either DT, Century City or the westside.

It is not too far along to change course; their just isn't any political will to do so.
The Crenshaw line will serve an area that has substantially similar population densities to previously constructed light rail lines. The buses that use Crenshaw are already packed which is what I go by to predict how successful a new light rail line will be with existing riders. Crenshaw Blvd. is a fairly significant destination as well and very significant if you are black. That's why the Vernon stop is important. I'd have liked to have seen the line on Vermont, but Metro is determined to get people to ride the Silver line.

The northern terminal for now is Expo. Where it will be eventually is anyone's guess. I'm really hoping West Hollywood, if for nothing else because West Hollywood was screwed by Measure R. They voted for Measure R in higher numbers than anywhere else, only to see the purple line head for Beverly Hills, which is apparently having buyers remorse.