View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_Dayton View Post
I am disappointed with that ground floor plaza
I think a lot of the outdoor schematics are somewhat vague at this point. I know they hired a top notch landscape designer from Europe to handle the outdoor spaces. So far I haven't been disappointed in the building concepts as they have evolved on this project. I'm sure those outdoor plans will be some of the last to receive the final tweaking.

As for the whole uneven skyline debate, trust me people, this angle (and others like it) will more than make up for it.

I 64 is located just to the right of this photo and Museum Plaza would be right in the middle and in the front. And unlike Ren. Center, the building's footprint is smaller so it wouldn't block the whole skyline out. Instead, it would appear that the freeway is going to run right through the middle of it. And it almost will. This will make this stretch of highway one of the most impressive entrances into any city Louisville's size.

Most freeway systems bypass downtowns (Nashville) or become lost under a series of overpasses and below grade ditches as they move through a city's core (Cincinnati riverfront). Essentially, they become segregated from the city. Not in this case. I 64 will pass so close to MP that will almost seem as though you could reach out and touch it. It will appear different from Main Street. It gives the building two very distinct faces.

With the exception of the Belvedere, I 64 will remain open and exposed the entire time offering an up close view of fantastic architecture (including MP, the new arena, and bridge) and the river.

Ironic considering most people consider I 64 to be the greatest mistake every made in Louisville's downtown planning.

Like the old saying goes, When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade.