View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
I was down at Canadian Tire on Hebron Way this past weekend and noticed they have extended Sea Rose Drive to continue up behind the Canadian Tire store. Anyone know what route it’s going to take. Would be cool if it linked up with RCAF roads at the airport hangers.
Sea Rose Drive will continue in both directions. The city is looking to link it up with Major's Path. To do this, the city needs to acquire a small amount of land from the airport. Apparently, as soon as this is done, the work will commence. When it links to Major's Path, it will definitely need more traffic lights or another roundabout.

As for linking with RCAF Road, I once seen a master plan that showed this. Much of the land in the area is for sale and I would guess that the road will be extended as warranted. The RCAF Road/Torbay Road intersection was redesigned as a 4-way several years ago with corner islands and traffic light bases and infrastructure pre-installed. This intersection links RCAF Road to the future extension of Aberdeen Avenue. The same situation applies for Aberdeen as Sea Rose....it will proceed as the land it sold for development.