View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 12:34 AM
ॐ शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.odonnell20 View Post
whats the spire, like 1/2 of the total height? Wouldn't totally be a bad design for nyc or chicago, but is there honestly only two other buildings going up in the city besides this above 100 feet? Modern architecture just keeps getting uglier with less and less thought behind it. Especially with that other Hyatt Park tower going up. Oh no, as long as its eco friendly it doesn't matter what it looks like. It just gives me the chills what these developing cities are going to look like in 10 years.
There are well over twenty supertall (300+m) projects that have been approved in the last three months alone by the Mumbai Area Development Board. Most new launched capital projects are minimum 60 stories tall. Just because I don't have the time to post all of Mumbai's approved and u/c buildings hardly means they don't exist.

The (highly litigious) anti-skyscrpaer nimby culture in Mumbai is a well entrenched and highly vocal, though now, thankfully, increasingly sidelined, interest group. After the publicity fiasco with Ambani's vertical home, all developers have gone completely silent. There are over fifty 50+ story buildings in various states of site prep and construction in Central Mumbai right now, though you wouldn't know it from the complete lack of publicity that developers aim for.

Anyway latest 'leaked' roof height is 550 m, spire height at 700+m. But final height hasn't been decided/released. Its a project that can easily be scaled vertically in height.

--=- | Check out The Indian Skyscraper Blog - Chronicling the vertical risE of India... | -=--