View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2010, 9:17 AM

All of these projects are extremely exciting, and show just how strong the regional economy is. While other cities are seeing a few projects moving forward, DC is rebounding rapidly--did it ever really falter all that much, though?

The progress in SW DC is simply astounding, as well as when you're approaching the city from the NE (I believe it's NY Ave, but I'm not sure--I always come in that way when coming back from NYC on the bus, the NOMA neighborhood I guess?). Definitely seems like the hot area in town right now, and it's remarkable how it has boomed so quickly. I remember going there about 5 years ago now and there was nothing at that point--and now all of this! Within 5-10 years it seems like SW DC will be almost completely built out.

It'll also be interesting to see the greater regional shifts as development in DC becomes effectively maxed out in areas. As prices continue rising rapidly in the district, you can bet suburban districts are going to take advantage--I think Tysons/Rosslyn/Bethesda/Silver Spring should all do very well as a result of increasing price pressure in the District, particularly Tysons with Metro now ALMOST finished! (hey, even though it's still about 2 years away, that's very close considering EVERYTHING that's been done to finally get the Silver Line running!).