View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 7:08 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Rockpoint, Highgate to develop Meatpacking hotel
Duo sign 99-year lease deal with Meilmans to build on West 15th Street

March 18, 2014 06:24PM
By Adam Pincus

From left: 412 West 15th Street (Photo credit: PropertyShark), Cliff and Richard Meilman

Quote:
The Boston-based Rockpoint Group and its operating partner Highgate Holdings will develop a vacant lot in the Meatpacking District on land that is leased for 99 years by Meilman Family Real Estate, sources told The Real Deal.

To gain a foothold in the site, the Rockpoint Group inked the long-term lease with the Meilman firm, headed by Cliff and Richard Meilman, where it will develop a hotel at 412 West 15th Street, between Ninth and Tenth avenues, with Highgate.

The Meilmans have owned property in the neighborhood since the days when it was a hub for meat distribution.

The new developers will spearhead the project on a parcel where a hotel has been in the works for some time. The Meilmans filed plans in 2008 to build a 25-story, 158-room hotel with 108,979 square feet at the site, and the city issued permits for the project in 2009. It was not clear if the new developers would build that hotel or file new plans. The financial terms of the deal were not available.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~