View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 1:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
^ cool - thanks for pointing it out, I never noticed it!

gotta agree. Old Dublin is the only place in which I get the complete feeling I'm in an Irish pub (even though I've never been to Ireland so I honestly don't know what a 'real' one is like!). I guess some reasons for its air of genuiness is that it's so small, it's in a basement, and its atmosphere is more one of warmth than classiness. That's why even though it's such a well known place, it'll always have the feel of a bona fide haunt (to me anyway, and probably to most people too). Maybe it's a bit like Schwartz's in that sense (though Schwartz's is 100 times more famous and 100 times more informal). I love those kinda places. Comfortable yet low key atmosphere and high quality product & service. Great representatives of our culture, I'd say

You hit the nail on the head. I will sorely miss the Vieux Dublin when it is gone.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?