View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricron View Post
I believe it had been before, but if the thread isn't kept active it gets removed after approximately 4 months. Look at the oldest threads in this forum, you'll find I'm onto something.

It be easier to get excited after the environmental reviews are completed and financing has been found. Texas has been down this road before to see privately financed HSR wither away into nothing......
Having met with Eckels and his team personally, I think there's reason to be optimistic in this case, which is why I did a story about it, and undoubtedly why it was important enough for the Mayors of Dallas, Ft. Worth and Houston to have a joint press conference. They can't reveal anything officially, but the financing, to my understanding, is lined up already. The company from Japan has been trying to develop in the American market, and they've turned their eyes to Texas because the rail line is far cheaper to build here than in the other potential corridors.

For politics, check out my blog Texas Leftist