View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 3:19 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post

Yes I can and hardly wait, although I live in Long Beach my wife mom lives along this line and would use it to hang out over in Culver City when we are in that area.

It would also be nice if they can speed it up some along stretch heading north from USC to Downtown LA, it's so slow it's torture.

The other thing I don't understand is why the Farmdale Avenue station isn't open. They actually announce the stop and even paused there. I haven't seen anything physically that's preventing them from opening this station.

I have a feeling Farmdale will be busy with kids in the morning and early afternoon since it is at the front door of Dorsey High School.
I suspect that the pause is required by the operating rules for the station; wasn't the whole point of having one to slow down trains in the area? Why it isn't taking passengers I have no idea.

Steth: funny to think of CC as being so crucialt but clearly with some reasonable way of connecting to DT CC and local development, it could be a major stop. A very decent employment, entertainment and civic center.