View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy55 View Post
If a place has limited numbers of buses though the people living there will tend to know when they leave I think. If you know the hourly bus leaves at 12 minutes past the hour you'll turn up at the bus stop at 5-10 past, not at 20-past...
Yeah, but it doesn't address the problem that your bus line that picks you up extremely close to your house and drops you off extremely close to your final destination will carry your ass for an odyssey across a good chunk of the greater city before it drops you off where you want to go.

Maybe that's a bit insensitive of me, but I quickly labeled the transit system "designed for people on welfare in wheelchairs". Sure, it will take you from very close to your home to very close to your destination, you will barely have to walk, and you will need a absolute max of 1 transfer to get there in any case (due to the hub-and-spoke design), and all of that for only 75 cents including transfers (which is what it did cost back in 2015), but the one downside - and it's a big one - is that it will take you the entire afternoon to get there.