View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2013, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
This isn't far off. I had lunch with a buddy who is privvy to the negotiations between the possible new Kings ownership group and the city, and he told me that one of the things the Burkle group would like to see is the arena on the west end of the mall, not the east. This would allow easy access to a high-end hotel project and to the Towers site, which the group is very interested in developing. He wasn't sure if the high-end hotel would be at the Towers site or not. He also said they are looking at the current Holiday Inn for demolition and redevelopment.
Wow, if that's true that is some big news. That could explain why it seems the announcement of the ownership group is taking so long. What a way to complicate an already big mess! I'm sure the downtown arena site was planned out for that very reason, leaving Macys and the cinemas and the plaza area on the west side, tearing down the rest. This is really going to mess things up if this is what Burkle wants. They're going to have to redo the renderings, rework the entire downtown arena plan just to move it over another one block! Not good news...