View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 4:20 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Interesting... here is the previous for comparison.

Looks like "The Standard" will have far fewer units than anticipated, down to 90 from 130. The deleted units from The Standard have been shifted to the final phase along Loyola, plus an extra 40.

The retail has been cut significantly, and the public parking component along with it. Now the parking is only accessory spots for the apartments. Looks like Domain has not gotten the strong interest from retailers that they were counting on.

Also looks like they deleted the little connecting street/court from Loyola to Rampart. Not a huge loss but that would have been a nice feature.

That density doesnt make sense for that side of the block. 90 units isnt alot for that large an area. guess we will see with the final product. regardless it makes sense to shift retail to loyola and closer to Girod. This side of the project is not going to be as desirable as whats being built now or headed to Loyola. I wouldnt take anything from the new map about parcel A as final its just saying how many units and parking spaces plus the size of the land. Also the unit reduction in parking is probably because they know what Jaeger is going to do with his garage across the street. I like the name The Standard btw.

Slave Museum moving forward it seems too. I actually think this could be an interesting attraction.

This will be a rather large solar power project in New Orleans East .

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...st-solar-power

Last edited by tennis1400; May 15, 2015 at 7:14 PM.