View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFBoiseJunky View Post
Hello. I haven't posted in ages but I've been lurking regularly. I don't live in the area now but like to keep up on things. I am curious about a couple projects and their status.

1) How is the 17th-Hitt Rd intersection coming along? Photos would be awesome if possible.

2) Any current photos of the Sunnyside-Hitt new developments on the Ammon and I.F. sides would also be welcomed.

Thanks to those who have been posting lately. Sad to see N2IF passed.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share but I do have an update.

The Hitt Road/ 17th Street project is coming along nicely. It should help ease a bit of congestion for now but with so much development going on in a mere mile radius, and EITC converting to College of East Idaho this fall, I don't expect much in the way of relief in the near future.

The city is currently working on plans to widen the 17th Street/ Woodruff intersection in a couple years as that intersection is the second worst in the city and ITD is currently accepting designs for the I-15/ US-20 interchange as well.

A guy can only wonder why the loop highway idea hasn't gotten any legs underneath it, maybe they're waiting until all the available land is developed and it becomes ultra spendy to complete, I don't know.

The growth at Sand Creek Commons has all but about stopped. A new strip mall and bank have been built across the street but for now the only new tenants have been a specialty soda shop and a couple wireless stores. Ball Ventures claims to have tenants lining up to get it n but they claim to be awful picky so I don't know what's going on. They still have an anchor spot and about 8 pad sites available which is the same as it was this time a year ago. Also, there have been no plans to start development on the second phase.

Cal Ranch is close to being done with their new superstore and corporate office and it looks to me that Curlew Street is being extended to meet up to 1st Street just south of the new Kartchner apartment/ subdivision/commercial development that looks to be quite large. No idea however if Ammon is going to widen that road or if they're going to make the developers pay for it but it needs it now more than ever.

There's plenty more action going on around town just nothing major. The Jackson Hole Junction development on Sunnyside near I-15 had to cease plans due to the amount of lava rock and have recently started the process of getting the area turned over to the Redevelopment district to help with the near $1,000,000 it will take to remove the lava. They have an extreme amount of interest and have letters of intent signed, they are hoping to get going next spring.

I still think in the end, most development plans are hinging on the event center groundbreaking and if/when/where Costco decides to go if at all.

Let me know if I can fill you in on anything else. I could go on forever.

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025