View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 5:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Forwards, backwards and sideways, at least Ardmore has been moving, and it has more or less been public.
But with this project, nothing, a black hole (ok, the real hole is brown!)

If in the past 3 to 4 years, when money has been historically cheap, this proposal hasn't gotten legs, when will it? If it does, that's fine will me. But I just don't think there's any objective reason to expect it to move forward.

And in the meantime---------------

The fact that Dranoff is willing to leave the site in its present condition for 3 years I think speaks volumes about his so called commitment to the City. If he had the cash to do the demo, then he should open his wallet and fill this hole. How about a beer garden this summer?
agreed. there must be something significant going on here that isn't being disclosed. This funding hole has been the supposed problem for a long time and yet every other significant project (aside from Chinatown tower) seems to get funding. Tearing down the existing building and blocking off the sidewalk without any construction funding was a real shame and thus far Dranoff has been able to dodge any blame.