View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
Its present look is after some sprucing up a few years ago ...

I always wanted to like that place, but after a number of tries, I just can't. Food is, at best, mediocre. Service is mediocre and sometimes actually just bad. Environment is not pleasant.

In addition to the restaurant, there is a dry cleaners in the eastern portion of the building.
I hear you. I added a caveat when I gave my initial assessment of the place that it has been a while since I have been there -- meaning something like 5 years. A lot can change in that period of time. But let me add, when I say, "the food is good".... I am not talking 5 star quality good. Its a place to go to after a night with friends, bar hopping, etc. At that time of night, the expectation of quality of food changes a bit and it becomes more about atmosphere and winding up the night on a good note.

Let me just say this....there is something to be said about LIVABILITY of a city. I was in Miami a few months ago on business and I was struck by the lack of livability of its downtown area save for a strip or two. One of the great things about Chicago is having walkable street scale places like this little restaurant.

It needs greenery. Add some something like shrubs, potted trees, possibly add some green to the roof and against the backdrop of a stale parking garage (or retail), this will be a nice contrast.

Last edited by Halsted & Villagio; Oct 11, 2017 at 7:29 PM.