View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFSNYC View Post
Dac, you def cleared up a few things!

4.7msf is quite a lot, I've always wanted to know, would developers like Brookfield, build on this land with the typical 700ft glass towers or really make vie to max out the sq alotted?
The site is so small, if they are going to build the 4 msf, the towers would have to be above 700 ft.

Quote:
Personally, I think that it was always short sighted not to max out the sq ft on a tower in NYC when, in the very long term it will be rented out.
Most developers in NY not only max out on the allowable sq ft, but some even go above with special provisions from the City.

I can't imagine why they would want to squeeze two residential towers on the site, totaling about .7 msf of the entire development. But with this tower (below) already starting just to the west, we could see more residential sooner rather than later...

curbed.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.