View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric2008 View Post
I find it odd that there is little mention of this story. On the other hand I have seen a number of posts out there from various people that seem to pass a guilty verdict on this man already. Let’s remember that very little is known about the alleged incident right now. To my understanding when it comes to domestic assaults, the London Police simply lay a charge and let the courts decide.
When Mr. MacLellan has his day in court, the facts will be available to us all. If MacLellan unlawfully assaulted a woman or anyone else, then shame on you Dan; you deserve our disapproval and the penalty you have coming to. If you’re innocent, then shame on those who contemned you early.
Fully agree with you on that. It was Christmas Eve where this happened (Saturday night) - who knows how many parties across London got somewhat out of hand, and had the police need to respond. Like you said, they had to lay a charge and then arrest him because that's their process. We'll know more January 18th - his day in court. It's an interesting story, but there's not that much info available.

I do wish him the best, because I have a hard time seeing his news personality be someone who would have 4 charges of assault placed on him, but if his charges are fully true - then I hope we'll never see him back on local airwaves, even though the majority of all other news reporters would be a crappy replacement.