View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 17, 2015, 10:58 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Regarding 710 W. Grand, what's the name of that little neighborhood? It's kind of isolated by the tracks and Kennedy. Is it River West?
I've lived in River North for 11 years and have always called that area River West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
"Little Macedonia"?
There's not that much gunfire is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
It used to be called the Near Northwest Side. I thought it was now in River West, but it seems to be in the Fulton River District (not to be confused with Fulton-Randolph Market, the one that received landmark a short while ago). It's bounded by Ohio to the north, the expressway to the west, the river to the east, and the railroad tracks that also make up the Near West Side's borders to the south. Google Maps has a nice overlay of its boundaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemak27 View Post
I lived in the neighborhood until just recently and always called it Fulton River District.
For me, anything south of the Metra tracks just north of Kinzie is Fulton River, anything north of the Metra tracks is River West. That's just me, not any even quasi-authoritative source, but I will continue to call it River West until I die because I'm stubborn.