View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 9:17 AM

//Improving the look of DTLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
Funny sarcasm.
no sarcasm was intended. The buildings south of the Bradbury building and east of the Roxy in the photos on the last page are what I'm talking about. They look very run down and give DT a very bad image.

It's what I'd expect from Mexico City except their DT looks more modernized. The one, two story buildings, even the four story buildings I'm okay with. It's the others about ten stories that contribute to that slum look. Nobody's going to want to venture into them

To clear DTLA of this rubble and flatten it out would be an improvement. Even dirt would be an improvement and is preferable to concrete. Out in Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert (the gem of California) the streets are so wide, and everything is so antiseptic. I just wish we could have more of that look here.

On the lighter side, I am looking forward to the development of Oceanwide plaza. I think it will go well with the projects across the street, Convention Center and Staples, Nokia, Etc. It looks as if they are getting ready to start any day now

and our Wilshire Grand has to be one of our better looking towers along with WedBush, 777, 400 S. Hope

Good day all and God Bless