View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of these cancelled projects? They were here before and I guess since green argon shut down, they got lost.
I kept a scrapbook with clippings of all of the newspaper announcements for skyscraper projects for Dallas during the 1980's boom. During the apex of the building boom it was like almost every single day of the week there was another announcement with renderings, etc. either on the front page or in the business section of the paper.

I have my scrapbook stored away right now but I will pull it out and take a look and see what is in it. I know there were some incredible skyscraper projects announced for Dallas that ended up not getting built. And I cut out all of those announcements with pictures and placed them in my scrapbook.

The last time I looked at the scrapbook it was really cool seeing so many incredible skyscraper designs and projects .... Dallas' skyline would look like Chicago now if they had all been built.

One project called for a 100 story skyscraper to be built overlooking Woodall Rogers Expressway on a lot that is still a parking lot today, right on the edge of the West End.

Now that would be THE skyscraper to see built in Dallas - so Dallas would regain the title of tallest skyscraper outside Chicago and New York City!