View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 6:49 AM

I think it's a fantastic idea. I for one livei n downtown at Washington and Main. I work at the Beverly Center. It would be fantastic for me to be able to take Pico or Olympic (not sure which is going west in that case). Something must be done to put a patch on the bleeding sore that is crosstown traffic in this city until some major projects (rail) are completed.

As for parking....there is a finite number of street parking spots available. Plus, I'm not certain of this so correct me please if I'm mistaken, but I would think both these major streets have parking restrictions that screw things up as it is (i.e. no parking from 7-9 or 4-7 to allow another lane for traffic). Let's face a sad reality: unlike the smaller cities that surround us, LA has no parking plan. Just like WeHo, Pasadena, SM, etc. we need to invest NOW in municipal lots with no or neglible rates for on street parking. The retail giants of SM, Old Town, etc. are not supported very much by street parking, but by smartly placed, smartly designed and in most cases publicly owned parking lots.