View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2018, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Here is what I'm praying for before another recession/economic collapse hits which I think could be in the next year to late 2019: 7th and Market come on people lets make a deal with these damn unions and get this transformative project going. Plus having an imposing 500 footer in that spot will do wonders for the overall skyline.

BOSA tower across street from PAC Gateway: Another 500 foot tower here would complete an impressive cluster of towers.

Manchester Pacific Gateway: Will this ever get financing? Hmmm I'm surprised no one at the UT or any business Mag in town has done an analysis on why it can't get financing.

Joseph Tsai new downtown arena: Will he unveil his plan soon?

I think we would all be satisfied if the above projects along with what has currently broken ground get going before the next big downturn.
I wish it was easier to get information about these projects.

7th/Market: my understanding of this union thing is that the developers won a court case in October of last year, and they technically could have begun construction but they wanted to be conservative and extra cautious in case it was appealed and lost. From the scant information I can find, it was widely expected that if the case was appealed the developer would still win. What I can’t find is any information on IF it was appealed and WHEN the appeal would be decide on. I’m worried there might be something else other than the lawsuit like someone getting cold feet or like you say fears about a recession playing into it.

Pacific Gateway: this just baffles me. I thought this one was a go when they started to break ground, but then it just halted and there has been no action for awhile. Did they have funding that fell through, or did they never have the funding to begin with? This is supposed to be the most valuable undeveloped coastal property on the West Coast of the U.S., it’s a pretty significant piece of land. I’m really surprised they can’t get funding. I’m wondering if there’s something more to this one too.