View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2012, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
So when will we know if the 30/10 plan can be implemented? My understanding is that congressional action is required for it to work. So when are they voting on it?
Well i think it will come up the next time congress debates on the transportation bill, which should be some time late next month. Like LAofAnaheim, though, i'm not optimistic.

Quote:
Also, this may be kind of a dumb comment, but can't they just have another referendum to increase transit funds even more, maybe include it with the November presidential election. Seems LA is on a transit roll and people are responding very well to the changes, so why not give even more money to transit while this mayor is still in office. Heck, measure R raised taxes by one half of one penny. Make it a penny and get this done twice as fast and get to more projects.
In this economy, a Measure "R2" is not an option to voters. But I do think they'll change their mind in 2016 when the economy should/could be much better shape. For now, we are left with Measure "R+".