View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 7:33 PM
3rd Coast King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownCity View Post
^Lol you should come to Chicago, people are a little desperate over here. I was offered $300 to photograph a wedding a couple weeks ago even though I consistently told them that I had zero experience in professional photography and that my focus was on architecture. Only after I rejected their offer 3 times did they finally give up.
You might be on to something.

Move to Chicago - love that idea
Get paid for photography - love this idea even more

This was actually a pretty low paying gig. The last wedding I did I got $250 when I offered to do it for free. And I have one scheduled for next Saturday that I am getting paid $500 for. Already got a $250 deposit yesterday! Hopefully I can get some referrals and some more gigs.

Weddings are pretty easy if you know the check list of shots. Only problem is working with whatever lighting that might be available. This is where the real work comes into play. Lighting is usually low and nothing close to ideal.

If you look at my pics you can see this. Outside with natural light the shots are perfect and I have a really crappy camera. But inside with the low light you can tell how crappy my camera really is because it cant handle those type of conditions. But since Im starting to make money I can legitimize an upgrade!

My Book