View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 5, 2012, 5:25 AM
Dérive-r

VANCOUVER | My Neighbourhood - Cambie Village & Environs

It's been a long time since I've had a photo thread but I had a free afternoon last Saturday and finally managed to get out with my camera.

Back in March I moved from downtown to a new apartment just across False Creek in the Cambie Village area. It's a great neighbourhood with a nice mix of green, relaxed residential streets and convenient urban amenities.

The main retail strip along Cambie Street that anchors the neighbourhood has a sort of small town "Main Street" vibe. It's attractive and pleasant but otherwise lacks the urban funkiness of more trendy, youthful areas like Vancouver's actual Main Street nearby. But Main is a short walk away as is the increasingly more bustling and urban Broadway for those looking for a bit more excitement. With the addition of the Canada Line down Cambie 3 years ago, downtown is just a quick hop away as well.

Anywho, onto the photos...

My trek starts off on 16th Ave where there is a small eclectic commercial/retail pocket hidden amongst the residential streets...

Turning into one of the residential side streets I came across this random but awesome installation...

From 16th Ave north (towards downtown) it's mostly apartment buildings, while south it quickly turns into predominantly detached housing...

There's a noticeably large number of young families and pregnant women in the neighbourhood...

There are a couple nice parks in the area...

And Douglas Park...

It's hard not to be constantly reminded that we live in a rainforest...

One of my favourite "Vancouver Special" renos that I've seen...

Making my way over to Cambie Street...

This just reopened as the "Soho Tea Room", a "Hong Kong/Taiwanese food & bubble tea" place...

Heading down the hill towards Broadway...

Hope you like skyline shots cause there's a lot more to come - there are a lot of great views to downtown in the area...

The area is also home to City Hall...

Looking down towards the Cambie Street Bridge and downtown...

Looking down Broadway...

Looking toward the Southeast False Creek (aka Olympic Village) neighbourhood...

The End

Last edited by raggedy13; Dec 5, 2012 at 5:46 AM.