View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenegade View Post
I would say it's dead. It is more likely the Expo line gets extended eastward then does a half circle loop under the inlet to surface east of Lonsdale and connect up (or parallel to) with the east/west rail alignment and finish at a station at Lonsdale Quay. Still though, it would be extremely expensive for basically just one station (perhaps a 2nd could be added in Gastown on the way east at the beginning) and the growth (even potential for growth) doesn't exist in North Van like it does in the tri-cities, Surrey, or have the current ridership of the Broadway corridor.

I'd love to have it too, but I doubt I ever see it in my lifetime.

Alas, in the final analysis, you're right (nothing personal, just total agreement). Even if it's built , we'll never see it.

Nevertheless, there are a lot of commuters from the NS, choking beidge traffic with cars, and I had imagined a line to Lonsdale Quay (with maybe the luxury of a stop at 15th), and two horizontal "prongs" west to Park Royal/Dundarave, and one east, around the Ironworkers Bridge off-ramp.

Could something similar be construed with your alignment, do you think? You have the better idea.