View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 4:08 AM
Registered Drug User

That was a very satisfying win. I had that familiar pit in my stomach in the first quarter when they were down 14-4 and OKC were slashing through the paint and dunking at will, but these Raptors are turning into a bunch of tough, fearless sons of bitches. Seriously, they played like crap much of the game, got blocked a thousand times in the first quarter, and a couple players barely showed up (Ross, Demarre Carroll), and yet they still came back and won it down the stretch against one of the best teams in the league with two future hall-of-famers in their prime.

I've got to revisit my preseason player-by-player predictions in that other thread, because DeMar DeRozan is turning into a dependable go-to guy who can make tough jumpers and get a score when it's desperately needed. I said I didn't like his game, but five games into the season, I'm lovin' it. Mainly because this year the ball isn't dying on offence like it did last year when both he and Lou Williams were taking the air out of it. This year the offence is more fluid. Though what's also exciting is that the defence is looking solid, too.

It's still early, but if you're a fan of the Raptors you can't help but feel excited about what this season might bring. So far, they're looking good.