View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 8:59 PM

The entire site is huge. And it does make me wonder. With all the chatter about a 3rd tower, it seems odd that this site, which is surely big enough to accommodate two towers, was designed for only one tower (directly across the street, you have two highrises and a garage). You'd think they would have created that base to support a second tower or otherwise create some flexibility for the future. It's an awfully spacious site, not very efficient use of space. I say that within the context that Comcast is already appearing to need more space and in order to do that, they now need to buy land, create another worksite, create another foundation, etc. all of which is expensive and time consuming.

It's not a knock on the tower. It just doesn't seem like Comcast/Liberty thought it through all the way. If they end up needing a 3rd tower, it probably could have gone up in half the time had they decided ahead of time to maximize the existing footprint. That's all.

And yes, I understand that planning for this tower was done well before the possibility of a 3rd tower entered into anyone's minds but still, someone should have been thinking about the long term, no?

(This post assumes that the actual tower will not be extending the entire width of the block.)