View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2011, 11:57 PM

Prices

I was just at the sales centre. The smallest unit, at 1275 sq ft, will start at about $1.1 million. Most 2 bedrooms (up to 1557 sq ft) will go up to about $1.6mill. The sub penthouses, at 3215 square feet, will be priced from about $4mill or so, and the penthouse, over 4000 sq ft, will likely go for over $7mill (it's not available for sale, but the nice sales lady speculated about the size and price).

This is a very exceptional project for Vancouver. 12' ceilings. It's almost unheard of in new buildings. Can anyone think of any new projects in any other cities where ceilings are a standard 12'? 155 Cumberland in Toronto is 11', 65 E Goethe in Chicago were 11'-12', and a few in Manhattan were 11'. But 12'?! Call me a size queen, but I'm inpressed lol.

One potential negative issue is the location. Smithe Street is loud with traffic, and it's not exactly in a "prestigious" location. No iconic water, park, or mountain views, either.

It's central though, and will get excellent south-facing sunlight, considering the short building across the street that (I believe) likely won't be torn down for something taller any time soon.

If I had the money, I'd still jump at the chance of buying one unit, or more than one and combining them. The 12' ceilings and excellent finishes is what got me.