View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm4 View Post
Wow lightrail! This is one of the few plans I've liked that have been proposed. It's been well thought out and certainly doesn't put all the money into Vancouver - something most do.

I love how you've included areas as far as Abbotsford and Whistler! I like the splitting of the M Line and Braid Line - you've restored the Broadway-Lougheed Line to what it was originally supposed to be - awesome! And, I also like the split of the "Surrey Line" branching off SCentral and heading down to Newton, versus a split after King George - very smart!
Thanks - not bad for MS Paint

The West Coast Express is extended to Abbotsford, new commuter rail lines run to South Surrey, Langley and White Rock. I've designed these to provide connections with Skytrain and provide relief to Skytrain by providing an alternative from Broadway/Commercial, Sperling, Briad, and Scott Road to Waterfront.

Also, two new SeaBus routes - one to Park Royal to connect with the Howe Sound commuter trains and another to Bowen Island and Langdale.

I envision the current WCE line being all day service (like GO's lakeshore service in Toronto), the South Surrey and White Rock lines both peak hours only. The Howe Sound line could have mid-day trains to service the Whistler ski market.