View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2009, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
personally, growing up there and living 20 years of my life in orleans i have to say the strip malls suck (St Joseph is gross!!) just as much as the big box stores. and also what makes the small independent places worth supporting versus the big box chains? shouldnt one support a business because of the quality of service/product that they offer not just because they are independent versus corporate? Some small independent places i have been to have SUUUCKED whereas some chain places I have gone to have been really good.

I totally agree with you that most of St.Joseph is gross. What I mean is that for equal value service / product, most people will go for the corporate instead of the independent. The difference here on Innes is huge. I fully agree that just by looking at the stores on Innes (esthetics), they win hands down compared to St.Jospeh (probably in service too in several of them). But what I am saying is that even if St.Jo. was a better place, more inviting, people would still favor the big ones.

There is a little coffee shop that opened along tenth line close to Innes and they have been struggling since day one, offering more and more and more just to keep it open. Do you think that Starbucks on Innes is having a hard time staying in business? Don't think so.