View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2007, 4:54 PM

Is it me or do those lobby shots look like the guy is standing at an upscale stainless urinal? How convenient! :^)

As far as nWTC1's height and all, I think the whole site is a great tribute to the folks that lost their lives. I never realized that the two ex-foundation holes will have water flowing down them. I don't think nWTC1 needs to be of any spectacular height. It should be as elaborate as it can be while still being useful and rentable. Bluntly put, Lower Manhattan needs the space back.

It will not be long before we have numerous other supertalls in "The City" being built with roofs that are higher than nWTC1 will be. While those other dvlps (Hudson Yards, MSG, etc.) will be of huge scale each with their own grand scale, it is fairly unlikely that they will be as well planned and as gorgeous as this complex will be when done. So I really cannot complain about it in any way. If they went for 2,000', the cost would eliminate the design. If 2000' in Manhattan was profitable, then they would have designed it that way in order to make it more marketable. /shrug

I work on the 3rd floor and sometimes go across the street to eat on the 16th floor. And really... wtf wants to work on any floor involving a 10 minute elevator commute? I'm no superstar but even I have better things to do in life than that lol. For a residence that height would simply rock, but for a businessman entering and leaving the workplace a few times a day, screeeew that heh.