View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise604 View Post
So I've been told lol. I can't imagine that though honestly. It sounds so horrible that I can't. Vancouver road planners seem like they were f***ing retarded when designing the major arterial routes through the city. So I wanted to stay South of Fraser as best I could with the 10 I picked, but I could of chosen 10 in Vancouver alone.

Knight/57th (forbid left turns period, or build the damn lanes already)
12 Av East/West (Let's take a major, major, major 4 lane route, and allow parking on it, so that it is single lane each way. Idiots!)
4th @ Burrard (forbid left turns onto Burrard SB, but allow them at the next light 50 m. past, solves nothing at all, it backs up to Burrard)
49th@ Main/Fraser/Knight/Victoria (no left turn lanes, they made 2 lanes instead, people risk their lives to fly by on the right)
* Main @ 49th (too small/busy)
Boundary @ 1st Av (too busy for no real left turn lane, plenty of room to make one)
1st Av @ Nanaimo/Renfrew/Victoria/Commercial/Clark (horrific small/narrow intersections, the ones that have left turn lanes, can fit 3 cars)
Main NB @ 2nd WB (left turn arrow might help, just a thought)
Granville @ King Ed (no left turn lane, a s***ty left turn signal though, same as Oak @ Park)
Granville @ 16th (build a left turn lane before it starts backing up into Marpole)
49th @ Knight. Has had a left turn bay for years or at least I've always remembered a lane being there. What it didn't have was the advanced left turn light. That only just recently came in though. After they finally built the left turn bays on Knight.

You may not believe what I said about Knight. But I've lived near Knight & 41st my entire life and I know it to be true.