View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2007, 1:01 PM
Melissa: fabulous.

I propose some amendments to your introductory post as some information is wrong, incomplete, or misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFX-ME
YOW is the 6th busiest airport in canada in passenger traffic and is ranked 2nd in custumer satisfaction for airports with less than 5 million passengers per year.
This makes the reader think the airport is ranked 2nd in Canada, when really it was ranked 2nd in the World in the "airports serving 0-5 million passengers" category. It is also the 2nd year running that the airport has claimed this title. I believe you should mention this.

Quote:
Lately it has added many internationnal flights, such as London, Paris, Glascow and several southern destinations (Yay)
The London and Glasgow service have existed for years.

London (Heathrow) is served by Air Canada (year-round, 1x daily using 767-300 equipment) and London (Gatwick) is served by both Zoom Airlines (year-round except winter, 2x weekly using 767-300 equipment) and Thomas Cook Airlines U.K. (year-round except winter, 1x weekly using ETOPS certified 757-200 equipment). Glasgow is served by Zoom Airlines (year-round except winter, 1x weekly using 767-300 equipment).

The only new service of the group you mention is to Paris, and this was inaugurated last Summer by Air Transat. It is a seasonal service operating May-September, 1x weekly using A310 equipment.

Quote:
All they need (in my opinion) is to update de runways (they are still in asphalt, and it is in a bad condition, not safe)
Your personal opinion that the runways should be "updated", however silly I believe to be, is perfectly fine. However, your claim that the runways are in such a bad condition that they are "unsafe" is ill-informed, unfounded, presumptuous, misleading, and just plain flat out wrong. You should remove the unsafe part immediately.